bsnes v113 released
bsnes v113 released2019-12-11 13:46:24
bsnes v113 has been released. The full changelog is below.
- corrected PPU OAM address latching with the accurate PPU renderer
- fixed offset-per-tile regression with the accurate PPU renderer
- fixed very rare PPU mosaic rendering bug with the accurate PPU renderer
- corrected a sound stuttering issue when emulating the Super Game Boy 2 [LIJI]
- Windows: added a workaround for an issue where bsnes was crashing on exit for a very small number of users
- changed gamepak firmware loading names to use the identifier (dsp1, dsp2, etc) label instead of the architecture (upd7725, etc)
- do not apply color blending for the first hires pixel with the accurate PPU renderer (fixes green line in Jurassic Park)
- added scanline override setting for Suguro Quest++ with the fast PPU renderer
- disabled HD mode 7 supersampling when EXTBG mode is active, as it is not compatible
- fixed MSU1 and SGB audio when using run-ahead and overclocking modes
- implemented correct fix for Kishin Douji Zenki - Tenchi Meidou
- improved CPU IRQ handling to fix Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling Kouhin '95
- fixed a GUI typo where "Increment" and "Decrement" "State Slot" labels were reversed
- fixed audio balance setting when lowering it below 50%
- added BSC-1A7M-10 board and corrected BSC-1AxM-xx masking (fixes RPG Tsukuru 2 and Sound Novel Tsukuru)
- improved the driver crash detector to not trip if closing the emulator before initialization could complete
- added a hotfix to prevent a rare crash in Rendering Ranger R2 that can happen even on real hardware
- made the entire window support drag-and-drop for gamepaks and game ROM files
- merged the latest release of SameBoy for improved Super Game Boy support [LIJI]
- macOS: add hotplug support to IOKit joypad driver [Sintendo]
- macOS: fixed a serious issue with the IOKit joypad driver [kode54]
- libretro: updated boards database to the latest version [rtretiakov]
- libretro: merged Super Game Boy support improvement patch [fr500]
- small improvements to libco and nall libraries
bsnes v113 is the seventh in the new line of bsnes releases. At the time of release, all known issues are once again resolved. As always, please report any issues to the bsnes GitHub issue tracker, or feel free to drop me a line on the contact page. Thank you!
Permalink • 5 Comments • #releases
I'd get the random crash on exit issue at random times on Windows 10...
byuu2019-12-13 00:16:32As best I can tell it was caused by something in the global state being destructed after bsnes had exited from main() but before the program actually terminated, which would most likely imply one of the video/audio/input drivers not being destructed properly. Whether it's a bug in my implementation or in the drivers I'm not sure, but in any case, I'm happy this workaround resolves the issue until we can track down precisely what's wrong. I'll keep trying to find a way to reproduce it on one of my systems to investigate it further.
Keyvan Khadem Ravandi2019-12-14 20:43:36I just wanted to take the time to say thanks. Because of people like you, I take emulation for granted without realizing the amount of effort, research and passion someone to has put in. Thanks for making the world a better place :)
Since bsnes 113 i get lot of corrupted save states (im playing Legend of Zelda Link to the past) while i never had a single one with v112
The sound fade out on reload, and never start again. I'm then stuck with a black screen when the game try to change the map
byuu2019-12-15 16:20:37Unfortunately, I can confirm it.
I found the commit that caused it, and I've posted a hotfix bsnes v113.1 build for this.
Thanks for the report.
Comments are manually moderated. HTML and Markdown are not parsed.
Captcha: Flipper and Ecco are examples of what type of aquatic mammal?